The smoothie diet is a good choice for anyone who wants to lose weight but can't give up sugar completely. Thick smoothies from vegetables and fruits will please you with great taste and will quickly fill you up with a minimum of calories. The use of smoothies during the diet should be combined with low-calorie protein sources and other components of proper nutrition. Smoothies can be drunk as a main part of the diet or used as an alternative to high-calorie meals.
The basic principles of a smoothie diet for weight loss
The smoothie diet involves making low-calorie vegetable and fruit smoothies on a regular basis. Thick drinks quickly satisfy hunger, they should not be taken as an accompaniment to the usual meal, but as a substitute for the main course. They are easy to prepare: just grind and blend the ingredients in a blender. You can combine different combinations of products, add mineral water and low-fat dairy products.
The smoothie diet is based on the following rules:
- All drinks are prepared without adding sugar, they can have a sweet taste just by adding fresh fruit.
- Only low-calorie ingredients are used for cooking. Do not use whipped cream or melted ice cream as a base.
- Cocktails must be consumed immediately after preparation, they cannot be stored for a long time.
- While on a smoothie diet, you need to give up fatty, high-calorie foods, sweets, and starchy foods.
- You must drink a cocktail slowly to ensure gradual saturation. In this case, the drink should not be too cold, it is better to use room temperature smoothies.
During the diet, you need to limit the use of tea and coffee: it is allowed to drink no more than two cups a day. It is better to replace these drinks with clean drinking water - it should be at least 1. 5 liters in the daily diet.
How to make a smoothie: the main components
The smoothie diet for weight loss is based on various combinations of low-calorie vegetables and fruits. In this case, you can not add salt and sweeteners, it is also undesirable to use honey. If you like it very sweet, it is better to prepare drinks with the addition of stevia or simply use more fruit in relation to vegetables.
With a smoothie-based diet, you can make thick shakes with the following ingredients:
- any fresh vegetable, with the exception of potatoes. These are beets, carrots, tomatoes, lettuce and much more. Vegetables are peeled and ground to make a puree;
- fresh fruits. It is undesirable to use only bananas and grapes, as they contain too much sugar.
- crushed cereal flakes are a source of slow complex carbohydrates that provide the body with the necessary energy supply;
- Berry. They can be fresh or frozen depending on the season;
- Nuts - a source of valuable trace elements;
- Low fat dairy products. You can take milk, kefir, fermented baked milk, plain yogurt with no added sugar.
You can also make smoothies with mineral water. However, the drink should not be too liquid: a sharp decrease in calorie intake leads to stress, deterioration in well-being and can lead to a breakdown.
In the menu for a slimming smoothie diet, you can add lean poultry meat, boiled fish, brown rice cereal, buckwheat and oatmeal. Eggs and whole wheat bread are allowed in limited quantities. You can also eat kisses, vegetable and fruit salads, low-fat cream soups. It is better to gradually switch to proper nutrition, refusing harmful foods and reducing the calorie content of the diet. This avoids intense feelings of hunger and keeps positive motivation alive.
The benefits of losing weight on smoothies: reviews of people who have lost weight
You can find many positive reviews about smoothies for weight loss and body cleansing. This is a good option for fasting days: thick vegetable and fruit cocktails do not burden the gastrointestinal tract and activate the intestines, they create a feeling of lightness and relieve heaviness in the stomach. You can list a few more advantages:
- pronounced detox effect. A diet of various smoothies will help cleanse the body of accumulated toxins, it will help to heal the body;
- there is no sharp feeling of hunger. Thick drinks are consumed in small portions at least 4 times a day: thanks to this, they provide constant satiety, despite the fact that the body receives a minimum of calories.
- increased activity. Unlike various rigid diet options, such weight loss does not cause weakness. Dizziness and other unpleasant symptoms. On the contrary, vegetables and fruits give an energy boost;
- tasty nutrition. Drinks have a pleasant taste, which improves mood and prevents breakdowns.
Because of these benefits, reviews of weight loss smoothies are mostly positive. This method allows you to gradually get rid of excess pounds without harming your health.
Slimming smoothie diet for 7 days: menu option
One of the options for a week-long slimming smoothie diet might look like this:
|Monday||During the day you need to drink 4 smoothies from fresh fruits and berries in small portions. They should not contain sugar or sweeteners.|
|Tuesday||Smoothies can be made with all types of fruit except bananas and grapes. The diet includes 4 servings of 1 glass each.|
|Wednesday||Vegetable cocktails are on the menu. They must not be salted or flavored.|
|Thursday||Boiled rice, boiled or baked vegetables are added to cocktails|
|Friday||In addition to smoothies, you can eat boiled or baked lean meats.|
|Saturday||Morning - oatmeal or buckwheat porridge. For lunch - a portion of lean meat with a side dish of vegetables. Dinner - cottage cheese or yogurt.|
|Sunday||The menu is similar to Saturday, instead of meat you can cook poultry without adding fat.|
Exit from the diet after the end of the week should be gradual: you can not immediately lean on high-fat, high-calorie foods to prevent digestive problems.
To increase the effectiveness of the diet, it is desirable to combine it with physical activity. However, due to the low calorie content of the diet, they should be moderate: hiking in the fresh air, cycling and intensive morning exercises are sufficient. Hard workouts are best postponed until later. Reviews of the smoothie diet confirm its especially high effectiveness in the summer, when you can easily buy a large selection of fresh vegetables and fruits.
For whom are such foods contraindicated?
Reviews about losing weight with smoothies will be positive only if you choose the right products and first make sure that there are no contraindications. It is better to refuse such a diet plan in the following cases:
- the presence of kidney and liver diseases. You may experience increased stress with negative health consequences;
- Disorders of the digestive system. An excess of fiber in the diet can provoke the appearance of negative symptoms: diarrhea, flatulence, etc. ;
- Pregnancy and breast feeding period. At this time it is better to abandon rigid diets in order to provide the baby with the necessary nutrients.
Many vegetables and fruits are strong allergens, so it's important to tailor a personalized meal plan to your individual needs. A lactose allergy is often also counted: In this case, smoothies based on milk and milk products cannot be made. In order to make sure that there are no contraindications and to choose the optimal menu, it is recommended to first consult a doctor.
First of all, positive reviews about the smoothie diet for weight loss are due to its diversity: when preparing thick drinks, you can combine a variety of ingredients. Some interesting recipes:
- cottage cheese + strawberries. You can prepare such a cocktail on skim milk. It's a healthy breakfast, a tasty snack or an alternative to dessert. Each serving of this drink contains a large amount of nutrients.
- kiwi + orange. Crushed fruits are mixed with fruit juice, to get a sweeter taste you can add a spoonful of natural honey. This is a really enjoyable refreshing cocktail that will give you an energy boost.
- Oatmeal + apple. The flakes are pre-filled with milk, they need time to swell. As a base, you can use yogurt without sugar. The ingredients are mixed smoothly, it is better to eat such a cocktail with a spoon, gradually saturating it. This is a great healthy breakfast option.
- Celery + carrots + greens. A great option for a low-calorie veggie smoothie. They are crushed in a blender and mixed with kefir or water until the desired consistency is reached. You can add cinnamon or other spices to the drink.
- Peach + apple + berries, you can take yogurt or fruit juice as a base. This is a delicious dessert or breakfast, sweet fruits improve mood and give strength.
These are just a few common options. You can combine the ingredients in different ways while adhering to the established rules. A varied diet reduces the risk of breakdowns, it will be much easier to stick to a diet.
Many girls are interested in whether smoothies are possible on a drinking diet. In this case, you should only use liquid, not pureed cocktails. Remember that a drinking diet cannot be maintained for more than 30 days, otherwise it can lead to negative consequences for the body.